Become A Member
Be a part of realising a shared vision
Membership of the Committee for Gippsland gives you a real voice in shaping a prosperous future for Gippsland.
Join other Gippsland leaders
As a member of the Committee for Gippsland, you are part of an organisation that is recognised by all levels of government which speaks for Gippsland industry, employers and community organisations as an independent advocate. The Committee for Gippsland also represents the business voice in the One Gippsland partnership with Gippsland Local Government Network and Regional Development Australia – Gippsland.
Speak directly with decision makers and policy leaders
- Attend keynote speaker events and workshops held in Gippsland on critical and relevant topics to
- Gippsland businesses and communities
- Contribute to face-to-face discussions with
- government ministers, shadow ministers and industry leaders
- Contribute to a member driven strategic plan and project priorities
Broaden your networks and influence
- Network with fellow members – where business and community leaders from across the region and across sectors can discuss key regional issues together
- Build relationships and gain a greater understanding of policy and regional issues by speaking with government and industry leaders
- Benefit from Committee for Gippsland’s credibility as the industry member of One Gippsland
- Contribute to policy submissions that Committee for Gippsland prepares for plans, policies and projects impacting on your business and Gippsland
- Benefit from Committee for Gippsland’s membership of the Committees for Cities and Regions network throughout Australia and New Zealand
Be informed and involved
Receive regular member updates providing detailed analysis of latest policy issues in a Gippsland context – critical to member businesses.
Participate in Committee for Gippsland projects to help ensure Gippsland priorities are listened to and acted upon. Recent project examples include:
- Our Region Our Future: Securing an economic future for Gippsland and Latrobe Valley
- Gippsland Investment Prospectus
- Gippsland Freight Infrastructure Master Plan
- Buy Local Economic Study
The Committee for Gippsland welcomes membership from business, community and other organisations that make a contribution to Gippsland and have a commitment to enhancing the region’s social and economic wellbeing.
We have three levels of membership to help encourage participation and involvement from all sizes and sectors of organisations.
Small Business and Community Membership
The Small Business and Community Membership is open to Gippsland businesses with fewer than 20 employees and community organisations that are interested in playing a role in creating a positive future for Gippsland. Small businesses and community members enjoy the same benefits as outlined under the general membership. This membership category ensures that all organisations and businesses have the opportunity to participate.
General Membership is available to Gippsland business and industry bodies with 20 or more employees in the Gippsland region. Members are privy to exclusive regional and member meetings on issues of importance to Gippsland. Members are also provided with opportunities to contribute to policy and engage in discussions through a range of forums, briefings, speaking engagements and the like. In addition, you will have the chance to meet and collaborate with leaders from across Gippsland and state and federal governments. Membership functions also provide an excellent opportunity for members to network with like-minded businesses and individuals.
In addition to the benefits outlined under the general membership category, foundation members have their logos featured in all Committee for Gippsland material, policy work, at functions and prominently on our website. We also encourage our foundation members to play an active role through providing an opening or closing address at our member functions.