Our purpose is to be a member-led advocacy group that engages business and key stakeholders in positive decision making for the sustainable future of Gippsland, contributing to a strong and vibrant Victoria and Australia.
Our Aspirations for Gippsland
We want Gippsland to be the best place in Australia to live, work, invest and play:
- With visionary leadership
- With a common sense of purpose
- That attracts talent and fosters creativity
- That offers a vibrant future for young people
- That has a dynamic and sustainable economy and environment
- With a diverse, connected, committed and engaged population.
Our aim is to positively influence government priorities for Gippsland
Our vision is for Gippsland to be a prosperous region engaged in a global economy.
Our mission is to foster, facilitate and encourage a Gippsland region that invites and develops participation and innovation, business investment, industry development and vibrant communities.
The Committee for Gippsland is governed by a clearly defined set of guiding principles.
- Our members drive the agenda and momentum for our initiatives
- Our Board and Executive has and will maintain the necessary credibility for the committee to be recognised as a respected advocate for Gippsland
- We develop and nurture partnerships between industry and business, government, non-government organisations and the community
- We are apolitical and are receptive to alternative opinions and proposals
- We do not act as an advocate for the pecuniary interests of individual members