The Committee for Gippsland hosts up to 25 events each year with a range of speakers in all parts of Gippsland. Events include roundtable discussions on set topics like skills and manufacturing, to keynote addresses that also provide invaluable networking opportunities. In 2016, some of our events included:
- 2016 Launch of the Gippsland Community Leadership Program with President of the Richmond Football Club Ms Peggy O’Neal in Inverloch
- Two topic breakfast briefing on employing people with a disability and supporting conservation work - in Warragul, with Work Solutions Gippsland and Conservation Volunteers Australia
- National Innovation and Science Agenda briefing with AusIndustry at Federation University, Churchill
- Roundtable discussion with the Victorian Skills Commissioner Neil Coulson in Traralgon
- Victorian Budget Briefing with Treasurer Tim Pallas, MP and Parliamentary Secretary Daniel Mulino, MP in Traralgon
- Business Breakfast with Patties Foods CEO Steven Chaur in Bairnsdale
- Roundtable discussion with the Victorian Minister for Public Transport and Major Projects Jacinta Allan, MP in Warragul
- Lunch and keynote address with the Commonwealth Minister for Infrastructure and Transport the Hon Darren Chester, MP
- Securing Water Infrastructure for Gippsland forum with Victorian Minister for Water and Police Lisa Neville, MP
Some of our upcoming events include:
- Gippsland Jobs and Innovation Symposium - The Committee for Gippsland is delighted to be hosting a Gippsland Jobs and Innovation Symposium in July this year, in partnership with Federation University Gippsland. There are two objectives; to promote a better understanding about major projects for the region that have a large job creation or innovation component to them, and second, to communicate a more positive economic future for the region post Hazelwood closing. If you are interested in presenting on a major project or attending the Symposium, please email email@example.com
- Roundtable discussion with the Victorian Shadow Minister for Energy, Resources, Innovation and Renewable Energy David Southwick, MP in Moe
- Captains of Industry lunch and keynote address with the Chairman of Esso Australia, Richard Owen in Sale
Victorian Treasurer Tim Pallas briefing C4G Members on the 2016 State Budget in Traralgon
Victorian Shadow Minister for Planning and Local Government David Davis, MP speaking to
C4G Members in Warragul
Pictured from left: Member for Gippsland East - The Hon Tim Bull, Sean Dignum from SDA Strategic, Denis Gerrard from Patties Foods, C4G CEO Mary Aldred, Brendan Witt from ACSO, Tania McKenzie from First National King & Heath and Brett Evans from Rubbertough.
Pictured above is Tim Weight of Tim Weight Consulting, C4G CEO Mary Aldred, C4G Chairman Harry Rijs
from Patties Foods, Mr Richard Owen, C4G Board Member Lynda Bertoli from Sage Technology.
Shadow Minister for Planning, Local Government and Equality, David Davis MP addressed C4G members and guests on planning policy and local government in Warragul
Ritchies CEO Fred Harrison spoke to more than 50 members at a breakfast function on the future of Australian retailing in Bairnsdale recently.
Pictured above is Chris Martin MD of First National King and Heath, C4G CEO Mary Aldred, C4G Chairman Harry Rijs, Mr Fred Harrison and Tim Weight of Tim Weight Consulting.
Premier Daniel Andrews spoke about energy, resources, jobs and skills at a C4G member briefing in Morwell in January.
2014 Committee for Gippsland AGM with former Victoria Police Commission Ken Lay APM speaking violence against women. Chief Commissioner Lay is also a 1999 graduate of the Gippsland Community Leadership Program.
From left former Victoria Police Commission Ken Lay APM, Denis Gerrard from Patties Foods & Committee for Gippsland Chairman Harry Rijs.
The Committee for Gippsland was very pleased to host the Hon Daniel Andrews, MP to deliver a keynote address to members and stakeholders in Moe. Mr Andrews laid out his vision for regional Victoria to over 130 attendees at the Moe Racing Club.
From left: Lynda Bertoli Managing Director SAGE Technology, Brian Davey 'Board Member of West Gippsland Healthcare Group, Victorian Premier the Hon Daniel Andrews MP, Mary Aldred CEO of the Committee for Gippsland and Dr Harry Ballis Head of Gippsland Campus Federation University.
For further information or to RSVP to Committee for Gippsland events, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 03 5623 3219.